Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer 2009 -- June Activities

Wow!!! I really can't believe I haven't posted anything on my blog since May. It is now August and summer is almost over. My life is so full and I continually have so many things going on. Thanks to all of my family and friends who stay by my side and patiently put up with me and for all your love and support.
-
June 25th through 27th
Logan attended the Stake Youth Conference "No More Strangers". It was an incredible experience for the youth in our area. The youth were divided into "families" and were given the opportunity to meet with and assist several refugee families.
They spent the last evening at Brighton. Logan had a great time and it was a once in a lifetime experience for him.
-
"INSERT PICTURE HERE WHEN I CAN FIND IT IN LOGAN'S ROOM"
-
June 23, 2009
I had some more foot surgery. Yes, I thought I would share these lovely pictures of my Frankenstein foot. This is my 3rd surgery on this foot and I definitely have the scars to prove it. This surgery wasn't too bad compared to the surgery I had two years ago. I survived and with the exception of some swelling and arthritis it's beginning to feel much better.


-
June 15th through the 20th
Logan and I attended the Intermountain Suzuki String Institute. This is the 4th year Logan has attended this camp. It's an incredible experience. Teachers come from all over the world to spend a week teaching. I take a week of vacation from work and Logan and I spend the 6 days together. Logan learns a lot and gets to meet some amazing and very talented musicians.


-
June 9th, 2009
Logan graduated from Clayton Middle School. He had a wonderful year.
Logan did such a great job in middle school. I was so freaked out when he started, I just didn't know how he was going to handle going to middle school. He did great though. He kept his grades up, his social life going, was very involved with the orchestra and jazz band. Logan was the last class to ever attend the original Clayton Middle School building. And now we're on to East High School. Oh my gosh!! I don't know how he is going to survive High School!!




-
June 6th, 2009
Logan had a Violin & Piano Solo Recital. It was absolutely amazing. Logan is so talented on both the piano and violin. He has and continues to practice daily and gets better and better. His piano teacher is Jessica Lee and his violin teacher is Amy Norton. They are both amazing. Thanks to everyone who was able to attend and for all the love and support we receive.




<

2 comments:

Brenda said...

It was a great Concert!!!
Logan you did a wonderful job!

Brenda said...

Ouch Marnae...that picture looks painful. I am so glad that you are doing better with your foot.