Saturday, February 28, 2009

Larry H. Miller Banners


I'm adding this scanned picture to this post and the following words from Bill:
-
"I just received this Thank You in the mail today. It is from Greg Miller. Greg is Larry Millers son that is now the CEO of the Miller Group. It was nice to know that the family appreciated what we did. If you don't know, I had the idea to do something like this the Friday that I heard about Larry Miller's death. I had just arrived home and turned on the local news. I immediately thought of the large banners that we did for the Jazz featuring players. I called our Sales Rep that handles the Jazz and left a message of what I wanted to do. He returned my call Saturday and contacted several of his people at the Jazz Organization. They thought it a good idea, but needed to check with 'higher ups'. Monday we received approval to do the project. I talked to our CEO (Tim) and he approved the donation. Roger, our sales rep, had contacted the installation company that we worked with on the player banners and they agreed to donate the installation. We got art from Millers design company Tuesday and had the banner ready to be installed at the end of the day Wednesday. The installers went to work Thursday morning and finished the project before noon. This had to happen in a short time as the viewing was Friday and funeral Saturday. This is not to say that there weren't problems to overcome. We had a problem in the printing that required a McGuiver type fix and the installers started on the wrong corner... but it all worked out.
I thought you'd like to see the hand written thank you from Greg Miller. I was touched."


To honor Larry Miller this week, the company Bill and I work for (Vision International) printed these large wallscape banners to be installed on the Energy Solutions Arena. Larry Miller brought so much to our community and he will be missed greatly.

3 comments:

Shalise said...

So true, he was remarkable to the state of Utah, we would not have an NBA team or jobs for that matter if he was not a part of our lives, what a great banner.

The Birdsalls said...

That is amazing! I was so proud to here what Vision did for the viewing and funeral. Good job!

Brenda said...

Great banner. You guys do amazing things at Vision.