



February 3, 2001 is the day that Bill and I were married. Today is our 8th anniversary. If anyone is actually reading this blog, you'll notice the family picture I posted at the top and the two pictures of Bill and I on the side. These pictures were taken 8 years ago (yes we have gained some weight, okay... a lot of weight) the year we got married.
Bill and I met at church. I was at church one Sunday, minding my own business, when this "new guy" walked in to Sunday School. I was immediately attracted to him and just really felt a strong pull toward him. So, naturally, I started stalking him! I found out his name after he signed the roll in class. I would just happen to sit where he sat in church and I would just happen to be coming out of the door after church. I talked to him a few times and introduced myself. He had recently been divorced and had just moved into the area. He really didn't give me the time of day, so I had to stalk harder. (I did learn later that he just thought I was a nice lady and that my husband was in the Stake Presidency or something). So, I decided to make a move and on a snowy Sunday after church, I walked over to where he lived and was going to take him some banana bread to welcome him to the ward...:) He wasn't home though, so I walked all the way back and ate the banana bread myself. If I remember correctly, I think I had Kristen and Logan go for a "snowy Sunday walk" and we would just see if this new guy was home.
Since he wasn't home, I was pretty disappointed. I knew the following week I would really have to catch his attention, so I got all dressed up for church, looked really nice and guess what, he wasn't there! So where could this new guy be....?? I really tried not to think about how I felt and seriously, I felt so strongly that I needed to catch this guy's attention and that I should go to his house and say hello. Well, this was all really making me crazy, because here I was chasing this poor guy and he didn't even know I was chasing him. So, I decided I would take him some candy to welcome him to the area, hey, I was just being a friendly neighbor here!! So, I went to his house again, and he answered the door and I said well, since you weren't at church today, I thought I would bring you this candy and say hi and welcome you to the neighborhood and by the way I think you're really cute, I'm single, and I would love to go on a date with you and flirt, flirt, flirt.... (Not that I was ever a flirt or anything!) So, here's this poor guy who still thinks that my Stake President husband is out in the car or something and who just got totally busted for going skiing on Sunday and didn't think anyone would notice, and here I am, so what could he say... do you want to come in? I said yes, very much so thanks! So we talked for quite awhile and he finally figured out that I was single and that I was chasing him and that maybe he should ask me on a date! Sheesh, that was a lot of stalking for a date, but very worth it. Now, I know this sounds like it was spread out over several months, but in actuality it was only a few weeks. It all happened really fast. After our first date, we saw each other every day, so hey we figured that was like dating for a year if you only saw each other once a week. We got married on February 3, 2001. We were married by a really close friend of Bill's who was the bishop in his ward at the time and got permission to marry us. We were married at the church and only my parents and Bill's mother were with us. It was actually really nice and very touching.
I'd like to say we lived happily ever after, however, as we all know, everyone has there ups and downs, good days and bad. We've been through a lot together. Blending families after divorce is not an easy thing. Being married when you are young can sometimes be challenging, however, when you're older and more set in your ways it can be even more so. But we have made it through to this point and are doing really well. We have 7 children together and 3 grandchildren. Bill and I work together, and we are totally best friends.
Bill has been so patient with me as I have really grown over the last 8 years. I have changed in so many positive ways. Bill has been a wonderful support to me in every aspect of my life. Bill is loving, caring, nurturing, patient and kind. I love working with him and I love being his wife and his best friend. He helps me to be a better person and I wouldn't change the last 8 years of my life for anything.
Thanks for all you do Bill! Thanks for taking such good care of me and our family. Thanks for being my best friend and for just being you!
I love you! Happy Anniversary! Marnae
5 comments:
Get a room....
...wait... we have a room...
kind words.
Happy Anniversary!!
Bill
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! This was a beautiful post and remember very well when you were trying to stalk Bill. I knew he would never have a chance!! It has been a good move for both of you. You are a great team and I admire how you both work so well together at home and at work.
Hope there are many more anniversaries to come!!!
P.S. That is a really cute picture on the top. When I first saw it I thought, "Marnae you have gone too far with having Bill make you look younger and touch up that picture". Then I realized it really is both of you. Beautiful then and beautiful now!!! You both look great.
Happy Anniversary! That's a great story. We are glad you found each other too. We've all had the blessed weight gain. What's up with that??
love this post.. We celebrate 8 years with you, our's is on the 10th of February, I have always been partial to you Marnae, your a great gal and I am so glad you and Bill are together, we all have our ups and downs, that is the way life goes.. Congrats to 8 years.
Post a Comment