Saturday, March 7, 2009

House Fire Around the Corner....



Last night around 8:30 we started hearing a bunch of sirens outside and then heard them stop really close. It's seems like lately this has been kind of a regular occurrence around here. The house that burned down last night had a different fire a year ago, the house next door had a gas leak several months ago and they almost evacuated the whole street. We had peremidics and an ambulance attend to a man up the street for a heart attack or something, and then there is just the regular events that happen on the busy street we live by because people are idiots and don't slow down for pedestrians or cars stopping to turn.
So, we heard the sirens last night and I went out to see what was going on. There were fire trucks and police cars everywhere and more coming down the street. Neighbors started coming out of their houses and then I looked across the street and was astonished to see flames shooting really high and a house just around the corner totally on fire! Bill was able to catch some pictures. The house has been being remodeled for over a year now and no one was living in it at the time. It was pretty crazy though being so close to home and so many large trees around. To see something like this makes you remember how fast and how devasting fires can be.

3 comments:

The Birdsalls said...

Yikes! Fire scares me! I am glad that everyone was okay!

Julie said...

I saw that on the news and knew you guys were close! I'm glad no one got hurt... That's crazy!

Brenda said...

Wow...those are some great pictures. Bill...you always seem to capture the moment with your camera. I am glad that they contained the fire and it did not spread in the gully or elsewhere.